How to Assess the Real Cost of a Fixer-Upper House
When shopping for a new home, you may consider a fixer-upper. It might be the best option for you if you want to put your own personality into the house right away. But what will fixing it up really cost you?
There are some steps you should take:
1. Decide what you can do yourself
2. Price the cost of repairs and remodeling before you make an offer
3. Check permit costs
4. Double-check pricing on structural work
5. Check the cost of financing
6. Calculate your fair purchase offer
7. Include inspection contingencies in your offer
To read about these steps in detail, check out this article at House Logic:
Visit houselogic.com for more articles like this.
Copyright 2013 NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
Check out my free home search app:
click here to learn more!