Tips for Hanging Christmas Lights
Did you hang your Christmas lights yet?
A few of my neighbors had theirs lit on Thanksgiving. But whenever you do decide to deck your house in holiday style, be sure to follow these safety tips:
- Inspect light for fire hazards like frayed cords and broken sockets.
- Follow the manufacturer’s suggestions for connecting multiple strings, since the recommended is usually three.
- Don’t use indoor lights outside and don’t use outside lights indoors.
- Take lights down within 90 days to avoid overexposure to the elements.
- Pack them safely to lessen damage that could cause fire hazards.
Read more about Christmas light safety at House Logic.