Home insurance coverage generally covers your home and possessions when damaged by:
- Windstorm (unless you live in a hurricane zone)
- Hail (not available everywhere)
- Civil commotion
- Aircraft (and things falling from aircraft)
- Vehicles (and things thrown from vehicles)
- Vandalism (although some policies exclude this)
- Malicious mischief
- Volcanic eruption
But that’s just the basics. To read about upgraded policies and, more importantly, what homeowner’s insurance doesn’t cover, check out this article by House Logic:
Visit houselogic.com for more articles like this.
Copyright 2013 NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
Check out my free home search app:
click here to learn more!