New U.S. Census data from 2012 shows that Americans are moving again.
Domestic migration, with people moving across counties, was at a steady high rate of 16.9 million people, but the long-distance interstate moves accounted for 7 million of those, which is up nearly 5% from two years earlier.
And a lot of those people are heading to Florida.
Things had slowed down during the recession, but now, the Census data shows that some northern cities, like Baltimore and New York are seeing a decrease in residents, whereas area like Miami-Fort Lauderdale and Las Vegas are seeing significant increases.
In fact, home-building rates in Miami-Fort Lauderdale rose 67% last years, which was an 87% increase over 2011.
But it’s not just a great time for new home builders. It’s a great time to sell your home all over Florida, especially because the inventory is still so low in many places.
Read the rest of the story, and see all the stats, at News 10 ABC.
(photo: maralina! on Flickr)
5 Reasons to List Your Home During the Holidays:
1. There are fewer homes on the market during the holidays. Less supply means more demand for your house. More demand means a quicker sale.
2. Buyers are more emotional during the holiday season. They’re more likely to fall in love with your house and, if they are already in love with your house when they make their offer, they’ll be more willing to pay your price.
3. Buyers have more free time. Buyers are more likely to have more free time during the week during the holiday season. Showings will be more likely to be at more convenient times for you.
4. But, you don’t have to worry about your celebrations being disturbed. You can request that there are no showings on Christmas or any other days that you’d rather be left alone. People are still shopping on the days surrounding these holidays.
5. Buyers who are shopping during the holidays are more serious. They’d rather be celebrating the season, but they’re house-shopping instead because they need to find a home.
Looking for advice about listing a home in the Tampa Bay area? Contact me at Rosemary Sells Tampa!