Did you hang your Christmas lights yet?
A few of my neighbors had theirs lit on Thanksgiving. But whenever you do decide to deck your house in holiday style, be sure to follow these safety tips:
- Inspect light for fire hazards like frayed cords and broken sockets.
- Follow the manufacturer’s suggestions for connecting multiple strings, since the recommended is usually three.
- Don’t use indoor lights outside and don’t use outside lights indoors.
- Take lights down within 90 days to avoid overexposure to the elements.
- Pack them safely to lessen damage that could cause fire hazards.
Read more about Christmas light safety at House Logic.
8 Great Tips for Adding Curb Appeal and Value to Your Home:
1. Wash your house’s face
2. Freshen the paint job
3. Regard the roof
4. Neaten the yard
5. Add a color splash
6. Glam your mailbox
7. Fence yourself in
8. Maintenance is a must
To read all of the details of these suggestions, check out this article from HouseLogic:
Want to sell your home?
Try some Feng Shui!
5 quick tips include:
1. Pay special attention to the front door.
2. Chi energy can be flushed away wherever there are drains.
3. The master bed should be in a place of honor, power, and protection.
4. The dining room symbolizes the energy and power of family togetherness.
5. The windows are considered to be the eyes of the home.
Read the details at the National Association of REALTOR’s article 5 Feng Shui Concepts to Help a Home Sell.
Have a house to sell in the Tampa Bay area? Visit Rosemary Sells Tampa!
1. Fix a leaky toilet.
2. Repair drywall holes.
3. Adjust cabinet doors.
4. Open a stuck window.
5. Stop a leaking faucet.
6. Silence door squeaks.
7. Turn off the main water line.
Find out how to solve all these common homeowner maintenance issues here:
Want a complete kitchen remodel, but don’t have the full budget you’ll need available yet?
Try these 5 money-saving steps:
Stage 1: Start with a complete design plan
Stage 2: Order the cabinets, appliances, and lighting fixtures
Stage 3: Gut the kitchen and do the electrical and plumbing work
Stage 4: Install cabinets, countertop, appliances, flooring, and fixtures
Final phases: Upgrade if necessary
Read all the details here:
The top 3 tips for selling your home from Bryon Ellington are
1. Price Your House Right
2. Consider a Pre-Sale Inspection
3. Consider All Offers
Watch the video to hear him explain why these are his top 3 tips: